Monday 24 September 2012

All Blacks

Sorry I haven't updated this in a while - I have a 5000 word essay due for my anthropology class that has been taking up a lot of my time. A lot. Anyway, last Saturday, Dunedin played host to New Zealand's rugby team, the All Blacks. They played the South African Springboks, beating them solidly 21-11.

The day began early in the morning as the guys in my apartment complex kicked off a tailgating party at 8:30 AM! We hung out in our complex's parking lot pretty much all day and enjoyed some casual beers and the carrot cake I had made for the occasion.

(this is in the shape of NZ, for those of you who aren't up on your geography!)
In the afternoon, Maddie and I got into the rugby mood by going to see the "Nude Blacks" game! And yes, to answer the question I know you are all currently asking, they were all actually naked! It was quite an entertaining show, and the event raised several thousand dollars, which is going to help a young girl with cancer. It was all in good fun!



The day continued with the actual All Blacks game, to which most of the international students bought tickets. It was an awesome experience being there in the stadium! My friends and I have been in NZ for several months now, and that night we started referring to the All Blacks as "our team," and celebrated "our win!" The town was in high spirits, and everyone was out to celebrate in town! Dunedin is usually a lively city due to its 20,000 student residents, but this event had brought thousands more people from around the country and the world!



No comments:

Post a Comment